Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Butterflies1
      Participant

Hi I’m new not sure how to start this I have been a survivor for a few years now I have 4 children I finally fled after (detail removed by moderator) of abuse only to have him take my older two off me for so many months while I was fighting for custody, half way through he was sentenced to so many years in prison for attacking his gf at the time he’s due to be released very soon though and I don’t know the exact date just the month and he knows were I live and I know his priorities will to try see the children I have tried speaking to probation to get some sort of things in place so he can’t come to my house or my sons school but no reply , I’m back on anti depressants again for my anxiety and my PTSD is bad again I’m not sleeping the fear of not knowing what’s going to happen is Terrifying me

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Butterflies1

Welcome to the forum. I’m so sorry to hear about the circumstances that brought you here.

I’m afraid I don’t know much about this side of things but I know that other ladies do and I’m sure they’ll be in touch as soon as they read your post.

From what I have seen them post before, I am confident that you can protect both yourself and your children.

Whilst you are waiting for replies, please do contact your local DV charity. You can find your local one through the WA directory. https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

You may be able to get a non-molestation order to keep him away from your house. Unless you have agreed access through legal channels, you do not have to let him have your children. If he pursues legal action, you can demonstrate that he has already withheld your children from you once and therefore allowing him unsupervised access is not an acceptable option.

He can visit them at a contact centre where his visits are supervised.

As I said, I’m sure the other ladies can help you much more than this but it is maybe something that you can nake a start on.

Watersprite
      Participant

Hi Butterflies welcome and so sorry for what you have experienced. It’s not surprising your PTSD is more difficult to manage with this unwelcome news. Can you reach out to your GP? Breathing exercises and nature are tools that sometimes help me manage my PTSD.
      I would speak to women’s aid for support and guidance and make yourself a pain to probation and tell them how frightened you are and the impact it is having on your MH.
      Also some simple safety planning – download Hollie guard app maybe a ring doorbell – the council or police may fund it if you can’t? Safety plan with the children too and definitely speak to school. Because he has a conviction it will add weight to your case to protect your children from him and I would hope family court would see that x
      Victim support may be able to offer you support and ensure the right services are in place to safeguard and support you.
      Does he have any restraining order? A non mol is an option but may be harder to get if no recent issues but contact NCDV for free advice on that. We are here for you x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content