Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Felix
      Participant

I have been a survivor of domestic abuse for exactly (removed by moderator) months! I suffered for (removed by moderator) at the hands of my abuser, who I have a (detail removed by moderator) son with.
      Thankfully I have not heard from him not seen him for (detail removed by moderator) months. And thankfully has not tried to come and see my son, (detail removed by moderator),
      Not that he knows his name, nor when he was born.
      Just this week, I signed my statement, telling the police of the abuse he inflicted upon me, for most of the duration I was with him. Including while I was pregnant.
      There were so many reasons to leave him. But he wasn’t just violent, he was manipulating, and he could get into my head and twist everything.
      I never had the courage to leave him before I was pregnant or even during up until 6 months pregnant, as he made me believe that my family didn’t love me or want me.
      But when he threatened to beat me so badly that I would miscarry, I HAD to leave him!
      So, I rang my mum and she brought me back home.
      Since then I suffered with nightmares for 3 months until my son was born. And I now have a condition called Costochondritis, which is inflammation of the ribs and breast bone, caused by the abuse he inflicted on me, which I have to take anyi-inflammatory pain meds for, but only when it starts really hurting again.
      Not only did he abuse me, but he also RAPED a 16 year old girl that befriended him. Bear in mind he is (removed by moderator)!
      I thought I would join up on this website to talk to other survivors of Domestic abuse. Share my story, and hear other women’s stories.
      Thank you.
      (removed by moderator)

Serenity
      Participant

Bless you, and welcome.

So great you can see how he manipulates: I believed mine for so long, and his version of the truth!

I have been left with a health problem too, due to abuse, so I sympathise.

You’ll find great support here x*x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi and hugs xx

So pleased you had the strength to get out and now post.

FS xx

Felix
        Participant

Thank you! Really appreciate your support! X*x

determined survivor
      Participant

Welcome! I hope you find the support you are looking for here. I joined recently, and have found more support than I could have imagined. Good luck on your journey towards healing, and know there are people to support you throughout your journey.

DS

Felix
        Participant

Thank you so very much 🙂 x*x

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

Well done for posting, post on here as much as u need to, u will find we r all really welcoming and offer loads of support , well done for getting out

Hopesprings
      Participant

Welcome and well done for getting out. This forum has been a great support. Some days the only support I’ve had. Hugs to you. Stay safe xx

Felix
      Participant

Thank you so much, all of you! Really appreciate all of the support! I’ve been struggling lately as all of you can understand! I love that I can talk on here and talk to all you lovely ladies who understand what’s going on in my head! Hope to get to know all you lovely ladies! 🙂 xxxx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content