Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello ladies,
      I don’t know really where to start really.
      I have only recently realised whats been going on at home when a good friend convinced me to look at how things were and having spoken to the helpers on online chat and over the phone they have confirmed things and i am going through a form of domestic abuse.

Do they even realise what they are doing? Are all men like this?

It has taken a lot of coming to terms with and the relief that i am not going crazy is a real god send.

But i am struggling and dont know which way to go now.

You women are amazing ive been reading your stories.

But anyways thats a hello from me and a small step closer to hopefully get ‘me’ back
      x*x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Searchingforasunnyday

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum! I hope you find it a supportive place to be.

Sorry to hear that you are struggling, you have made some really good steps by opening up to your friend and using the online chat.

Have you been in touch with your local domestic abuse service at all? You can find their details here: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Take care and please keep posting to let us know how you are,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,
        Thank you for your kind message.
        I have looked at the local DA service online but it appears to have support more taloired around safe house etc. Im a bit wary for sending an email for more information incase of being detected by my other half.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Searchingforasunnyday

Thank you for your reply. I understand why you are wary about sending an email, this page may be helpful to you as it has information about staying safe online https://www.womensaid.org.uk/cover-your-tracks-online/

I hope you keep posting, as the support from other survivors will be really helpful to you and guide you in the right direction.

Take care

Lisa

Elphant
      Participant

Hi, I’m new I have been abuse from a very young age but with different people and in different ways. I just want I safe place to talk and to help me move forwards and find closure.

Optimystic
      Participant

Hi! You sound like me. My good friend sent me this link and it took me a while to look. But i had a particularly confused and stressed Sunday and felt the urge to look the next day. That was just over a week ago. I spent the following week in a state where I couldn’t focus on anything, other than learning from the other amazing, inspirational, knowledgeable women on these forums. Just learning about what’s happening to you and seeing much more clearly why, and the psychological effects it has on you is incredible. And it helps. I know now that I’m abused. It’s really hard to accept. I feel stronger though and I don’t feel as trapped as I felt months ago. I just need to speak to someone now, which will be a big step. I really hope you get the insights that I have, in such a short time. I’m so glad you’ve come on here. Good luck x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content