Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, I met a lovely man a few years back, after a couple of weeks he told me he had very strong feelings. We got on well. Started seeing eachother more often. After a short space of time, I moved to another town with my family. He started to drink certain days a week, and get drunk. Awful arguements while under the influence. I try & keep this short. He said my personality was very sharp so i had to watch what i said before i said it. Im not a bad person, sort of jokey not in a bad way. Sexual side if he had a depressed mood, he said he would always try to pl me, which made me feel bad, when I was tired. If I suggested new things in that department I was told I was loosing interest. I get very edgey and nervous when alcohol taken because of a very bad past experience! If I left my phone upside down not intentionally he was paranoid. Our child passed away a week after birth over a yr ago. 6 weeks after anniversary he was drunk and sliced his arms with a knife from kitchen, he had pointed it at me also. My sibling heard all my other was sleeping. The knife has been taken out now a couple of times when drunk. I moved house short while ago, my mental health was deteriating bad anxiety, going through the menopause brought on by grief. He making me paranoid. Took shared car off me for 4 days said i was punishing the kids. My mood swings are bad every month. I took him back for a week or so…why did i do that……my son is breaking his heart. He said when im moody im blocking him out, I dont intentionally do that i feel claustaphobic. Because of this he cancelled taking child out and said it was my fault. Im bewildered, lonely confused feeling very low…..

iwillbeok
      Participant

Hi bluesunshine, I am so sorry for your loss and for what you are going through now.

I don’t have any words of advice right now but wanted you to know you’re not alone.

Hugs,
      X

Anonymous
      Inactive

iwillbeok, thankyou very much I appreciate a kind word. x

Confused123
      Participant

and if you are refering to your mood swings are bad each month to your periods, well personally i think they make us think that, my ex used to say im unbearable on my periods, in end i used to hide when i was on period and played him at his own game, cause i wasnt unbearable he just used my periods as an excuse to up the abuse, so dont listen to the rubbish they throw at us, it is hard but htey are just lies

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Confused123
      Yes, I have been doubting myself a lot over these last few years. Thankyou for your reply, I appreciate it so much. It is going to be a long bumpy road. I need to be well for my family x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,  [Detail removed by moderator] I received 3 suicide text messages. I usually have my phone on silent. One I seen at an earlier time when I was going to bed, just thought it was the drink talking.. I rang the police. Told them about the text messages and genuinely worried about his safety. He had been hospitalized overnight. The thing that got me was he said he was going to join our siblings grave and the 3rd he had taken tablets. I guess this is to play on my emotions, it was quite sick,
      My other sibling crying today, Ive had to hide alot of things from him…just too young..Im like a robot today, just existing…..

Lightness
      Participant

Goodness you’ve been through a lot bluesunshine
      Can you call the helpline for some support?
      He is definitely playing on your emotions. Yes it is sick.
      I know you are worried about his safety but of the sole importance to you is YOUR safety and wellbeing and that of your children. They have ways of making us feel guilty. It is emotional blackmail really.
      He sounds like a very dangerous man to me, pointing a knife at you, and he has proven that he is not afraid to use it.

Lx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lightness
      Yes I can phone the helpline. Need to do it when they at school. I phoned the helpline the morning i found the messages on phone and they told me to contact police. Lightness do you know if you are put on a waiting list. School hols are in a day or so, it would be hard to see someone alone.
      Thankyou Lightness x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content