Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      martian29
      Participant

Just thought I would try my first post on this new forum. I have read many posts and posted and probably babbled away on the old forum through some difficult times and received support and advice from some of the lovely ladies on there. I am hoping this forum will be as supportive to all of us as the last one. It is good to see some of the names from the old forum appearing again on here. Not good that through our abusers we ended up here, but good that we have each other to tell our stories to whatever stage we are at and try to help each other.

I have missed the old forum.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Martian29

It is good to have you back on the forum. I hope that you find it as useful and supportive as the old forum was.

Best wishes

Lisa

Forum Moderator

oknow
      Participant

I’m not new either, i was called struggling on the old forum but i am called oknow on this one, i have noticed that some of the ladies who were on here nearly 2 years ago are still on here, i some ways i am glad to see them but in other im not as it means they are still suffering 🙁

hoping
      Participant

Hi,

A few days ago I reported my husband to the police. Things had got unbearable, I told someone and before I knew it I was at the police station. (Detail removed by Moderator) and has gone to stay with his family. There were awful times, but these were when he was drunk and when things were good he was the most amazing husband in the world and we had so much fun. We had no children, so only I was at risk. I can’t stop crying. I think about what he’s doing, how alone he’ll be. I’ve been told he is sorry. I know I can’t go back as there were threats to my family and they know, so they would not accept it. This is so hard, I miss him so much and wish I had just kept quiet. I could have put up with the bad stuff and still had the good stuff. Really don’t know how I’m going to get through christmas.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi hoping,

Thank you for your post. I’m sorry to hear about what you have been through because of your husband. Well done for speaking to the police, it must have taken a lot of courage but you have done the right thing. Although there were good times with your husband, he was abusive. You deserve to live a life free from abuse and have the good times. Only your husband is responsible for his abusive behaviour and unfortunately he won’t change unless he accepts responsibility, and commits fully to change in the long term.

It is natural to feel a range of emotions so try to give yourself time and accept any support on offer. If you would like to talk confidentially then the 24hr National Domestic Violence Helpline is available on 0808 2000 247. The Helpline can be a listening service as well as discuss any options available to you based on your circumstances.

Keep posting to us, it can really help to offload on here.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content