Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Henryhoover
      Participant

Hi all I’m new here and recently left my partner and father to my children. I’m not sure if I should really be here as people keep telling me I was so lucky to have what I did.

I got with my partner after an emotionally abusive relationship. I can’t say I ever really thought of him in that way but he was there all the time after to help with my child and just be there and he seemed safe. He always pressured me alot for a relationship and then for sex when I wasn’t ready. I know now that was wrong but at the time I felt like i owed him so to speak.

Over the years things things have been good and bad we had two more children and he was more and more clingy. He used to get funny if we went to famy dos and he wasn’t getting my undivided attention. He also became more and more obsessed with me being happy. To the point even if I was he would ask over and over if I was ok. He shook me awake at night if I rolled over to find out what he’s done and why I rolled away. It was constant to the point I didn’t want to get up in the mornings. I tried to leave but he always got the kids involved making them cry so I backed down. He made me feel bad for not wanting sex and not wanting to be with him every second of the day.

I know it’s probably my fault for letting it get this bad. I finally made him leave a few weeks ago but I’m still getting texts about how he’s going to be with me and we are meant to be together. He never mentions the kids. He has had them a few times but always tries to corner me to find out if there’s a chance we will be together again when he gets back with them.

I know all of this sounds pretty pathetic compared everything people on here are going through and I should be happy someone loves me so much.

No sure what else to say but thanks for reading my ramblings

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing this. I have left a reply on your previous thread, not sure if you saw it, it will give you a notification in blue at the top right hand side of the screen. Well done for leaving, he sounds emotionally abusive, very draining and oppressive. You deserve a lot better.

Sunshine

Henryhoover
      Participant

Sorry thought my first post was in the wrong place

Confused123
      Participant

HI Hun

Just want to send u a hug , welcome to this forum u will find brill support from us ladies. Do not listen to these people that say u were lucky to have whatever u had, what people dont see and understand is the abuse u suffer behind close doors. These men are like big insecure babies that need us 24 hours infact worser than babies. The realtionship just comes about who has done more for the other, mine never was concerned for my happiness, so if yours was , cant relate to that about he comes across as overly possessive which is not a good thing. Its all about control , my ex was same when we split instead of spending time with kids he used opportunity to convince me why we should be together. stay strong and try keep no contact if possible. do not feel bad for leaving relationship sooner, they have a very good way of keeping us feel trap

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content