Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      teatime
      Participant

I had to go to my place of work after a very log time. It is a place where the public can occasionally come, not very often though as you always need a pass the rest of the year.
      There he was standing there quite a long way off by the (detail removed by Moderator) staring at me as I came in. I walked off very fast and did not come downstairs again for a long time. I did not see him again although I was busy so maybe he could have been there, I do not know.
      I did not like this.
      He used to stalk me and has been there before.
      I told the Police before, it must be (detail removed by Moderator) years ago, but he had been harassing me via text.They warned him not to go to my place of work.
      Now I do not know whether just to log this or tell the Police.If I see him again anywhere near I definitely will.
      I don’t even have the old crime number.

teatime
      Participant

I have told the Police so don’t worry.

Wiseafter
      Participant

Hey Teatime, I’m glad you called the Police, just in case, even if they log it as non crime/domestic or whatever, especially as he used to stalk you. I hope you’re OK.

teatime
      Participant

Thank you for asking after me. I am okay, but feeling a bit rubbish. The Police think I should take out an injunction.He was very sympathetic but said as ‘he’ didn’t do much, that is probably my best bet.
      Mum said I appear vulnerable which didn’t help my brain much. I am actually quite old( getting very old really) , yes I am feminine but so what. I am also quite assertive these days.
      I have also informed my workplace not to let him into the building.I hope they do not make a big hoo haa and send me to HR something.

teatime
      Participant

Feeling a bit crummy today. Just tired. I cannot believe he has started this again.
      Also why am I always getting stalked? Do I attract loonies? I am very reclusive and quiet. What the hell is wrong with people?

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Teatime
      You’ve done very well by reporting his harassments to the police. Keep the crime/case number at hand and call them every SINGLE time he contacts you, might that be by coming around your office, home, contacting you through digital any means, make sure to report it.
      His stalking behaviour is out of your hands, it’s got absolutely nothing to do with your personality, it’s his behaviour that’s very wrong, you could be anyone, if he decided to come after you he would. Most abusers came after us. Aggressively.
      To stop this, eventually, is to stick to reporting his harassment, thereby placing boundaries, the only manner an abuser is forced to back down by obeying the law. If he doesn’t back down at one point he is not only disrespecting and abusing you but also the police and law. They won’t tolerate it.

Keep on staying strong and reporting him, talk to WA too and the Police Abuse Unit to gather even stronger support around you.
      Keep strong & keep posting, you absolutely got this! 💪💕

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

And well done for informing HR at work! You’ve done so much to protect yourself 🙂 keep steady and look at him fade away into the horizon.
      Well done, you are indeed assertive, it takes such courage to do what you did. Well done 💪💕🌸

teatime
      Participant

Thank you very much. The county DV people say there is not enough to take out a restraining order as ‘he has not done anything’. Great isn’t it?.
      So I just have to log everything. I wish I knew what his car was…it was a dark colour and I was coming to a roundabout one time.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content