Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My head is like a stuck record player his cruel words still control my mind

It’s pyscolocicaly trauma just wish I could forget pufft

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi and hugs IAF

The cruel words are the hardest thing to get over, they negativity of them strike without warning, but you are not alone.

As time goes on they become easier to fight for want of a better word.

Try and have an answer to them in your head to help you through it. Mine is, I am a good person, I didn’t deserve what I got, and I will have a better future. It may sound silly but putting positive thoughts in do help.

I tried to forget what he did and said it was my way of coping, but as I was getting further away the boxes as I called them would open up and I would relive incidents.

I have had counselling and it has help me a lot to understand my feelings.

You are a survivor.

FS xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi falling sky

Thanks for replying

I can deal with everything else

It’s his words which he used known i was childhood abuse victim. Why did he use them words against me and make me snap

Iam in counciling it does help through victim support …
      i know it going to take time
      As it still feels so raw even though it’s been over (detail removed by Moderator) now

Iam so tryjng to forget it just pops bk into my mind
      X

Serenity
      Participant

Hi, I Am Free.

I can understand. My ex’s nasty words echoed in my mind for months and months.

It didn’t help that- like a lot of abusers- my ex was very clever with words. He knew exactly which words to use to cut deep and make my question my worth. His nasty words stopped me feeling human.

I am finally at the stage now where I can distance myself from it and see that his disgusting accusations were merely a reflection of his own inner twistedness and his own horrible view of the world.

One way that abusers make us feel that we are in the wrong is to pretend that no one else has a problem with them- that they are everyone else’s best friend. My ex was guilty of that. He made out I was the only one who had a problem with him. In fact, since I separated from him and my brain began to be able to reflect and assess (rather than just ‘survive’ as when with him) all kinds of things have come out of the woodwork- how he fell out with this person, upset that person, or tried to trick that person..

We aren’t the cause of their abuse. We were merely the dumping ground. Over time, you can clear the rubbish and begin to plant some beautiful flowers in its place, and your life can become something peaceful and beautiful.

Make sure you keep on reaching out for support. It’s a process.

Confused123
      Participant

Hey hun

give it time the words do slowly get out of your head, i would highly recommend counselling , it really helps you workout your thoughts and take their negative comments out of your head, as others ahve said continue to rechout for help

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you everyone

Xxxx

Ayanna
      Participant

His awful words still echo in my head.
      His nastiness was on a very personal level where it hurt me the most.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Me too ayanna .used my past against me .evil B .. pyscolocical trauma .no wonder he sent me crazy

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content