• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

So (detail removed by Moderator) it all went off. My husband side piece decided to answer for him when I was having a conversation with him.
      Why does she think she has a right be asserting herself into my business that doesn’t have to do with her.
      Worse thing is her rubbing salt in the wound that he’s a great man and “ dad” to her kids… okay 🙄

She threaten me with legal action when clearly I know she can’t do nothing.

Simply my question is:
      Can I can speed up the process for divorce? Or do I have to wait a year before I can start?

Thanks

StrongLife
      Participant

Hi there,

Go to a lawyer first. There is set times and ways to divorce especially if kids and such involved, assets too.

Please be careful, things can escalate quickly as well if courts involved

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you.
      I’m going to speak to citizen bureau when I get a chance and see what they say. He wants to get a divorce when he’s ready.
      I feel like he’s still having everything done on his terms when he’s ready. It’s frustrating.
      I literally just want nothing more to do with him.

swanlake
      Participant

That does sound frustrating. I’m now no contact with my abuser, that’s on my terms and when I was ready, unlike everything else to do with him.
      It could well be that the side piece is under your husband’s control and he is using her to defend him. Recently a neighbour was shouting at me for some innocuous neighbourly issue. I went to try to sort out the issue and his wife started shouting at me too! I imagine that she is under his control sadly.
      I really hope that you can find a lawyer who will progress things at the pace that you want. Local domestic violence services sometimes have links with local solicitors, who appreciate abusive cases. I had a free half hour and got an idea of timescales and costs in my matter.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Finding out he got himself a girlfriend was heartbreaking for me, but I swallowed my feeling and decided to become civil, but of course in my niceness he decided to try and have the upper hand on him. Twist and turn everything. I was trying my best, because I said things that I wasn’t happy with he turns it back onto me and blames me and everyone else. It can’t be nice not being able to see your is. Child, but at the end of the day he did put us in this situation. When things don’t go his way he’s throws a tantrum. He’s can go about living his life how he pleases. Stay away from me and my child. I’m not going to try and help him out. He’s got to grow up. The fact he has to get angry to get his point across shows how it is.

He wants to get divorced when he’s good and ready because he’s got a lot of things on and he’s stressed, not being funny so does everyone, but we find a way.

The money side of things confused me, as he gloated to me a while back he’s got all this money… and now he’s saying he can’t afford to go to court. Well then he doesn’t see his daughter. When he decides he can.. I will be there for a civil discussion about access. But not before.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content