Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      maddog
      Participant

It happened a very long time ago, and eventually I reported it. I am sick of carrying the burden of the behaviour of others. I knew from the outset that this was a likely outcome given the time between the report and the event. It just seems insane that on the one hand the authorities say they take rape seriously, then on the other, the man just has to say he didn’t do it and it’s all filed under general. I know what happened. I was there.

My ex will get the same outcome I expect. I know his beliefs and his actions are on different planets. He says he believes A then says or does something which directly contradicts it.

maddog
      Participant

I know that my ex has a core belief that he has done no wrong. He has an absolute belief that he is not the kind of man who would hurt a woman. He told me once that I was rubbish at sex. Of course when I told him I really didn’t like what he was doing to me, it was my fault.

I had thought that rape was what the other man did. What my ex did was far more insidious.

KIP.
      Participant

It’s still on record and there is no time limit for sexual assaults. All it takes is another woman to come forward. Well done you x

maddog
      Participant

Thank you KIP again for your kind wise words. I don’t believe my ex has paid for sex as he did the first time round. I doubt the first time round woman would want to remember. I expect she has suffered enough and put the past firmly behind her. I believe my ex was faithful to me. I just got the other stuff. In spades. Except she probably did as well when he was at home.

Just wanted to say with you in spirit.
      Remember the metoo hashtag movement. No one ever thought that it would bring down the richest and most powerful abusers internationally. But it did.
      Miracles happen
      ftc
      x

maddog
      Participant

I didn’t join Meetoo as it seemed to be related to power and control in the workplace. Domestic rape is another thing. Sometimes my blood boils.

Maybe we need to start another movement
      ftc
      x

maddog
      Participant

It’s something I have been thinking about, ftc. I have done nothing because I don’t think I would be believed on social media. I also feel the shame, the embarrassment, the vulnerability to say anything about something so deeply personal. Also that my family and friends would know. I understand that it’s not my fault but many of them would know the perpetrator.

Thanks for posting maddog and sharing this. Perhaps sharing like this is another step on the journey.
      x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content