Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      hop
      Participant

I feel like a fraud coming on here. The problems you girls are having still living in the situation. My ex tries to have coercive control over things but he’s losing his grip. Everything that happened to me was years and years ago.
      I knew I grew up in an unconventional household but I never thought that of stuff as dirty or sexual. Now as an adult I’m finding out that certain things are classed as rape in law, who the f**k am I kidding I thought because it wasn’t with his penis and the circumstances under which it all raised was never sexual to me it was always violence. I’m getting triggered by everything. I don’t know how I keep going every day. I don’t feel like I am keeping on going though. It feels like I’m not living I’m just surviving and not very well either.
      I don’t know if this is the right place to put it but this is weighing heavy on me every day and I don’t even feel like I should be validated for my feelings because it’s not happening any more

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi FreedomFries01,

Of course your feelings are valid, we don’t have to be experiencing things right at this moment for them to only be valid. You are traumatised by some awful events in your past that no one should have to experience. Many of us on here have had counselling for our situations (I’m one of them) and we have all been through our own traumas, every single person is affected in their own individual way. You are certainly not a ‘fraud.’

You can talk in confidence to a trained counsellor. Have a Google of rapecrisis.org and see what they offer with support.

Best wishes

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hi Freedomfries01. You made me welcome and I welcome you being here. We are all here to support each other aren’t we💞

Sleepy
      Participant

Hi Freedomefries01,

My Abuse was historic too. I know what you mean about it feeling odd coming on here when others are going through it right now but don’t let that put you off. Best place I’ve found to get any support online though.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content