Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Findinghope
      Participant

Hi,
      So I left my ex a few months ago.
      It has been a roller coaster of emotions…
      I am due to go on holiday next week with child and other family which he knew about and had no issue with. However now he is threatening me by saying he will ensure I get arrested at the airport for abduction because I haven’t been as ‘friendly’ with him as he wants.
      He has a new partner and doesn’t live in our house. Rarely sees our child.
      What do I do?!
      Thanks

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi, unless there’s a court order in place to state that you cannot leave the country with your child? Otherwise he is trying to scare you and cause anxiety…

Enjoy your holiday and try to ignore what he says to you.. if he ramps it up with threats could you have a word with the police and they can explain it to him?

It is so good that you are out

HFH ❤️

gettingtoknowmyself
      Participant

What Hereforhelp said 👏 unless there’s a court order forbidding you, it’s just scare tactics. My ex used to make all sorts of similar legal threats – he was either trying to get inside my head, or didn’t actually have a clue what he was talking about, or both. Sometimes I think he imagined the world like some sort of exaggerated American TV legal drama series…

Have a wonderful, peaceful holiday and do get support from police/other authorities beforehand if you’re concerned.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content