Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • #28050

      I’m hoping to take my children on holiday next year. Does anyone know if my perpetual needs to sign passports or give his permission. I know he will not do this as a way of control. But he is named on there birth certificate. Any advice please

    • #28070

      On my court order, it says that as the kids reside mainly with me and I am the main carer, I am entitled to take my kids out of the country for up to a month without his permission. He needs to ask my permission.

      In terms of contact arrangements, we are meant to be flexible with one another.

      I am afraid I don’t know if this is the general rule if no court order is in place.

      If you call the Family Lives helpline, they might be able to direct you to the right people to ask.

      Good luck X

    • #28115

      Thank you. We have no court orders with regards to the children just a restraining order. But he hasn’t had any contact with them since we left

    • #28131
      Main Moderator

      Hi Inneedofsomepeace,

      You can find clear information regarding the law around taking your children out of the UK on the Rights of Women’s website here.

      Kind Regards,


Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content