Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Landgirl
      Participant

Knowing that my son and I can enjoy our holiday without being called on told there’s something going on at home that your needed for – or his ability to spoil any nice days out that I have planned with friends.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi landgirl,

It’s great isn’t it..the peace. No head -wrecks; no negativity. Just peaceful enjoyment of a change of scene. A complete mental break. So good for your son also. The abusers are so good at bringing us down, getting into our thoughts and our heads. Great when they can’t access us.

Delighted you and your son managed to go on holiday and got a holiday free from abuse

fizzylem
      Participant

It wasnt until much later that I realised why all family days out and the very odd time we actually went out as a couple – all went badly. I can see now that I was always so caught up in the worry it would go ok that being this way meant it was never going to be fun, for a long time I didnt understand this and felt I was the one to blame, felt it’s me I just cant let go and enjoy things – I understand why that was now and why I can not recall ever having one fun time ever – only now because we are free to be and enjoy it hey. Go you guys! x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content