Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      nbumblebee
      Participant

Ive read so many posts this week that have broken my heart. So many struggling sad scared women me including. I have had one of the worst weeks in a long long time and i find myself at the point where I dont want to wake up. I dont want to fight another day I just dont have it in me.
      But then theres a hand held out a message out of the blue or someone who has noticed you are down and just says “Im here”.
      For me opportinities for work are going through the roof making me feel just a little less useless just a little less stupid giving me a glimmer of hope.
      Even in the darkest of skies a star will shine sometimes you just have to search a little bit harder.
      The reason for my post is to say to everyone on here struggling that someday somehow somewhere you will find that star and you will use it to guide you to safety to a brighter day. And if I am honest Im trying to remind myself of this fact too cause right now giving up seems like the easiest option. I wont I really wont but some days I just need to give myself a reminder,
      They take everything from us everything we ever was and couldve been, lets not allow them to take away our hope. đź©·

Footballfan1
      Participant

Thanks for the post Nbumblebee,

That’s really inspiring.
      I bet your post will reach out to many women, myself included.
      Don’t ever give up, keep fighting.

Congratulations on your success at work, that is great to hear and proves what a talented and valuable person you are.
      Keep a hold of that confidence and good feeling it gives you to be getting success. X

nbumblebee
        Participant

Thank you hope it helps you sweetie I really do.
        Stay safe and strong x

Eyesopening
      Participant

Beautiful, that really touched me hun.
      Your so right ❤️
      X*x

nbumblebee
        Participant

Its so hard isnt it. Hope you are doing ok sweetie xx

tiredofitall
      Participant

You are such a good kind person, thinking of others when you have so much on your own plate.
      I’ve felt like you so many times but you keep going and I hope that one day, things are better for you.
      It look me a very long time to get where I am now, I had to know I could cope with whatever came as I knew it would be so hard and I wasn’t ready until I was.
      You keep going and doing whatever you can to stay safe and sane.
      Work was my saviour. I was lucky that I had people at work who constantly told me how great I was, at my job and as a person. When other people see your worth you start to realise its not you.

nbumblebee
        Participant

Its hard having someone tell you that you are doing a good job I doubt I heard it I have to keep asking them did you mean it? I actually asked them if they were sure they wanted me? Im sure they think im batshit crazy.
        I want to believe it and be happy that these opportunities are coming my way but he will be so angry when he finds out and it takes the happiness away. X

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Thinking of you nbumblebee đź’ž

Reallyconfused
      Participant

Hey nbumblebee you are needed and loved by so many people. The world needs people who have love, care and compassion.
      It’s people who care that feel and try to make the world a better place. You have no idea how many lives you have touched and might change. We all need each other but we have to be kind to ourselves too.
      I am still suffering and still have so many bad feelings and memories. But i now know I cannot change a toxic person – and don’t have the responsibility to do so. We are nurturers and keep hoping for change.
      Can we change a scorpion ?
      I am trying to change myself. I am understanding the situation better – him and his abusive control and me – what makes me tolerate it ?
      I am reading books and reading posts and getting support from all of the strong resilient beautiful women on this forum.
      Work has been my saviour. It has given me an identity , value , meaning and friends.
      It has made me think that I am not mad, I am a kind and caring person.
      The world needs us. I’m still suffering but I am certainly not going to quit.
      I have more to offer the world and more love to accept from people I have not yet met.
      There is always hope and despite the tears and tears of abuse I am now making plans.
      Mentally I’m exhausted but I am taking baby steps and drawing on the support of all of you amazing and courageous women who keep going facing such trauma and toxicity.
      Please take care. I love you all.

nbumblebee
        Participant

Wow you are doing amazing work on yourself keep going sweetie xx

Rosemary
      Participant

Thank you so much i always hope one day my life will turnaround from domestic violence I ran away from my kids dad a while ago but know his back in my life and things are getting worse again I hope one day he gets thought his head that I don’t love him anymore instead of saying he will love me till the end of his day’s his not letting me move on my self and getting jealous because I have a boyfriend. When I ran away the kids dad was not in my life I was feeling better but know my depression and anxiety is getting worse again because he found out where I live why don’t men understand us women when we say we don’t love them we mean it . Thank you for your post it made me think positive God bless you 🙏

nbumblebee
        Participant

❤ glad it helped x

LozzyX
      Participant

Thank you nbumblebee itss posts like yours that keep me going, awakenin middle of the night still reeling from a difficult past few days.

My work hasn’t been great recently it’s what has kept me going in the past , this time I am not so sure … But reading your post made me think what else gives me hope? My family. I don’t have any children which I am very sad about , but I have my beautiful neice and nephew and a very caring amazing brother …they give me hope and I can now send more quality time with them. I have reached out here and will contact womens aid so I’ll get more support here too… And I will have more time for my hobbies again – gym , seeing friends , there is a load of stuff I will find joy in again I’m sure… And that gives me hope.

nbumblebee
        Participant

100% sweetie keep those things close and use them to push you foward you can do this you really can. Sending hugs, stay safe xxxx

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Thank you for sharing Nbumblebee x

nbumblebee
        Participant

Hang on in there chocolatebunnie you got this sweetie x*x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content