• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi all,

It’s a special day for me (detail removed by moderator) and I can guarantee you that my partner will have forgotten. Either that or he WILL have remembered but decided it’s not worth making any effort. If I forget ANYTHING to do with him I’m made to feel terrible and sometimes I’m made to feel terrible only to find out days later that, actually, I hadn’t forgotten, he just hadn’t told me – as if on purpose so that he could use it against me for some reason and then make me feel like I’m going mad.

First day of him working from home (detail removed by moderator) too.

I’m going to attempt to use the day as a ‘new start’, for myself, not for me and him. Focus on me, try and do a little thing every day just for me. I will find this hard as I’ve become almost programmed to pander to his needs to keep the peace, but that doesn’t mean I can’t change. Everything in the world appears to be changing anyway, now seems a good chance to try.

Writing this all down makes it seem real, good luck me!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi TheHopeThatKillsYou

Sorry to hear about how your partner treats you. It sounds like he is gaslighting you by making you feel like you have forgotten things but actually he isn’t telling you this information on purpose. It’s positive that you have come to realise this yourself.

I hope today’s new start has gone well and that you keep achieving little things each day. This is about you now and your wellbeing, you deserve to be happy.

Good luck and please keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content