Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Falling Skys
      Participant

I saw this and wanted to share, because it seems so apt to my feelings.

I am scared every time I stand up against his wishes. But the hope of a better life gives me the strength to carry on.

FS xx

Serenity
      Participant

Yes- faith, hope and love X

Confused123
      Participant

Always have hope hun, didnt we pass the stage where we thought we’d never escape, but we did,and slowly we will over come the games they play with us

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Awww that’s lovely Falling Skys – I’ve been out for some time now – and I still can’t say no to that man – BUT I do have hope that one day I WILL be strong enough – I don’t have the strength just yet – but I long for the day I find it…….I hope the day will come when he can no longer control me – and I will stand up to him and say what I want.

We are no longer together – but every now and then he asked me to do something I don’t want to do or he wants to do something I dont agree with – and its like I open my mouth WANTING to say one thing – and something totally different comes out of my mouth – its not me, I’m not who I want to be – not yet …….but I will get there one day……..

Thanks for those encouraging words. x*x

goddess7
      Participant

Hello everyone. I plan to leave my soon to be ex ex-husband. I used to have fear. But now I have faith,hope, trust and courage. I’m actually looking forward to leaving. I had a sense of liberation when I sold my wedding ring. I’m never looking back, just looking forward. I’m prepared for the worst and hope for the best outcome.

Falling Skys
      Participant

I’m glad you all found the words inspiring I did. X

Good luck Goddess7. It’s not easy breaking free, but it’s so worth it. Remember we are all here routing for you.

FS xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content