Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      NotCrazy
      Participant

I have posted on here a few times about my situation. I am in an emotionally abusuve relationship.
      I think the past few days have pushed me to thinking more seriously about leaving.
      I know he will talk me back round again and tell me it is all my fault for being crazy, miserable, ‘looking for problems’ and ‘inventing things in my mind that aren’t there’.
      I rang women’s aid the other night and answered the phone when they rang back, for the first time (I have felt so anxious about talking to someone about it in case they say it is me not him). They told me he is emotionally abusive, that it’s not my fault and they believe I have it in me to leave.
      I have a little money but am thinking of staying in a b&b with my children (not his children, my ex husbands) tomorrow night. Packing and leaving while he is at work otherwise he will stop me. I am going to leave him a letter explaining why – I feel this is more for me that him. He still won’t recognise his behaviour having led to this but I will at least be able to move on when my life.
      I hope that writing everything on here will give me the guts to go through with it!! He is home tonight and all day tomorrow so just going to keep my distance emotionally and hope he doesn’t talk me back round and be lovely for a change – although I doubt he will.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, you sound really strong. I would write the letter but take it with you. Dont leave a connection or a reason for him to try and find you. He will twist everything you say anyway. Be strong and try to go no contact if you can until the fog of domestic abuse lifts. Take all the help you can get. The helpline may get you into a refuge if you need to ❤️ Good luck and keep posting x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Notcrazy,

Please do be very careful. This can be a very dangerous time for you. The helpline can give you advice on how to leave safely so if you get a safe time to phone then please give them a ring and they can talk you through a safety plan. They can also talk to you about refuge spaces if that might be helpful for you.

Good luck and please stay safe.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content