Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Turnthelighsoff
      Participant

Iv enquired with shelter about my options for leaving today. Our living set up is unique and I wasn’t sure the council would help me.
      Now I know they should if I register for homelessness I just have a few questions if anybody can help please?

When I do do I need to leave right away? Or can I stay where I am and tolerate his s**t a little longer until I’m rehoused if I’m fortunate enough to be accepted. It sounds like I’m being picky but I’m not. My child has SEN needs I need everything to be the same for as long as possible. Upping about and moving different places won’t do her any good.
      Would I be able to stay here whilst I’m bidding? If anybody can help or advise I’d be greatly appreciative.

Bananaboat
      Participant

I continued to live with my abuser whilst on the homeless register, it’s not ideal but no you’re not kicked out when you apply, my council and housing association were very supportive, good luck x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content