Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Iam pretty disgusted with my local council. Ive been put in band 5 means iam on the lowest
      Grade for a council house dispite getting letters from WA safe gaurding etc .. ive been sleeping on my familys couch for (detail removed by Moderator) . Plus its over crowded . Surely this is a mistake. I was told i would be put on priority for housing pufft

Ayanna
      Participant

Yes, this is what they do.
      I cannot even apply at all because I work. They have rejected me three times.
      I wonder what they will do with me when I retire and cannot afford the rent anymore. They will probably kill me off to save money.

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s another fight I got on my hands now no wonder I get stressed

Ayanna
      Participant

Yep. I was on the brink of homelessness when I fled the domestic abuse. All these extra problems can wear you down.
      Always keep in mind that nothing lasts forever.
      There will be a solution you can live with, even when it is not wonderful. Things will improve over time. The housing, once they accepted you, whatever band it is, you have to sit it out.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ive applied for 3 houses this week .least i have a roof over my head and food on the table 😆

Ayanna
      Participant

Great news! You are a true warrior queen.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content