Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

How can anyone allow themselves to calculate how much money they have contributed to a household and think this allows them to hit, strangle someone, and use intimidation and threats, deny a partner dignity in the bedroom, abuse alcohol as another form of intimidation, finally using financial control to manipulate someone further into submission and think because illness has struck them they still deserve love and attention, forgiveness and respect, and that if they don’t get pampered the partner is obviously a nasty disrespectful unkind person…?
      I was stunned tonight at my husband’s sense of entitlement, his expectations and judgement of me, his lack of guilt and his games of gaslighting, his nonsensical conversation arguments, his self pity, lies and paranoia, transforming my words into something they are not, texting accusations and still expecting respect and obedience from me…
      When this high sense of entitlement is explained in books on abuse, I see a very vivid example in him, and it just grows with each day passing…it is shocking.

godschild
      Participant

This is typical of abusers bridget, the sense of entitlement is crzy and what they expect back when they give nothing out, they are blind to what they do totally blind.
      I get the non sensicalconversationsan awful ot you walk away totally miffed at what goes on, I had a non sensical conversation tonight and he turns round and says im making things up !!, you have ny utter sympathy in it all, it defys logic, it defys normality xxxxxxx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content