Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Smwhyle
      Participant

Last year, I was only recently an adult when i moved in with my biological dad who I hadn’t seen before. (detail removed by moderator) I learned my dad is manipulative and abusive, possibly a n********t. they weren’t arrested for the long list of ways they were emotionally abusive, but were for forcing inappropriate cuddles and kisses on to me. I have a disability which can cause me to misinterpret situations so people tend to err on the side of caution when I give them my version of events. I also have communication difficulties. Both of which made it really difficult to get my manipulative parent convicted. (detail removed by moderator) I explained he was being mean to me, so the police officers had the impression of them that they meant well and just needed parenting classes. The first statement I made was written down but now I’m due to give another statement, this time videod. Id love for them to be made fully aware of his true character, so I’ve been going through the events in my mind and bullet pointing specific things he has said and done. But what are the chances of him being charged for those things as well as the sexual assault? (detail removed by moderator)

OctoberSunshine
      Participant

Hi Smwhyle,

Sorry to hear of your situation. It sounds like you suffered horrendous abuse at the hands of someone that was supposed to be your care giver.

I’ve read your post, and it looks the additional charges might fall under Coercive Control (Section 76 SCA 2015) have a look at the CPS website for further information. I would speak to Citizens Advice Bureau, and use the Women’s Aid Chat to see if they can advise further.

I believe the conviction rate is low in relation to this specific charge, as it needs to be proven that the perpertrator continuously engaged in behaviour that is controlling or coercive.

Have a think about what you can provide as evidence, witnesses to the abuse and someone who would be willing to provide a statement, family members, neighbours. Check phone and see if there are any messages from your father that could be seen as controlling/coercive/abusive, do you keep a diary? did you ever message/ voice message any of your friends/family about the abuse.

Hope this helps
      OctoberSunshine

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content