Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

i just dont know where start so here goes

1. i was abused at (age removed by moderator)yrs old .
      2.my abuser reoffended when i was (age removed by moderator)
      3 . i was abused by my brother when i was(age removed by moderator)kept it secret had my reasons)
      4. battered by my first husband i walked after (detail removed by moderator) yrs
      5.found out i could not have kids
      6. moved away abused for a (detail removed by moderator) i walked
      7. currently abused for over(detail removed by moderator) yrs , emotional abuse , raped under medication brought bk memory of my brother, ive been suffocated , triangular choke neck arm injury . (detail removed by moderator)

iam currently going to womens aid trying to rebulid my life but its hard , iam so tired iam so hurt want to pain to end

kitty
      Participant

Hi,
      I too was abused from a young age, (detail removed by moderator). I moved on pretty quickly, which was ok at first but I didn’t deal with the past, and it’s catching up with me now. Small steps are all big achievments. You’ve started on that road, so even with the inevitable set backs, you’re moving in the right direction. one day at a time, you will get there x*x Hugs x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

thanks for replying kitty xx

Ayanna
      Participant

Hi Primbo, welcome to this forum.
      Do you live in a safe place now?
      Do you have counseling?
      I am glad WA helps you.
      It is great that you made a list of everything. You need to deal with all of this over time. Do it slowly but steadily.
      Remember that you are a very precious person. You have done so well realising what happened to you and looking for help.
      The tiredness is normal. Abuse victims frequently suffer from fatigue.
      You were drained all your life, you had to be strong all the time and tried to survive. That is exhausting.
      Keep posting here. We are all here for you! x*x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Primbo,

Welcome to the forum! I am so pleased to see that you have had some supportive replies. I just wanted to show you some support. I am sorry to hear that you have had such a stressful and upsetting time and have suffered abuse from a young age. It is great to hear that you are getting some support from your local Women’s Aid group and please know that you can phone the helpline anytime you want to talk. You are a true survivor and I am so pleased that you have found the forum and are taking steps to reclaim your life and some happiness that you truly deserve. Please be kind and gentle to yourself.

We are all here for you so please keep posting.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Anonymous
      Inactive

hi
      iam currently staying with family but under police protection , WA have helped me so much but i still have issues going out alone but i do push my self to go to the support meetings and currently waiting on rape counselling , thing is i was abused during the start of the relationship right till the end till i fled for my life but did not see it at the time till now , i just hope he dont get away with it and hoping it goes to court i need closure, i do not want another women going through the same as what i have endured ,

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Hi Primbo, I’m sorry to hear you’ve experienced so much abuse from so many. It is so hard to come to terms with so much loss and hurt. I’m a couple of years into dealing with all the abuse I have suffered all my life. I’ve been lucky to get counselling and am making good progress. It’s incredibly hard and exhausting but much better this than the exhaustion of being abused. Slowly the realisations come and the fear and shame lessen. You have survived so much already that you know you’re strong enough to heal. I’m glad you are safe now. Try to be as kind, patient and compassionate to yourself as you can x*x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content