Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

In my preparation to leave I’m going to need money for deposit etc. How will I save without him knowing as he gives me money when I need it. Any ideas would be great please x

KIP.
      Participant

Anything you can sell? Speak to women’s aid as I’d heard there is a fund that provides the deposit for victims of domestic abuse. Refuge meantime?

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Speak to citizens advice bureau and your local housing department. They can advise you properly, but I’ve been told there’s a grant or something for that and the housing department have to provide you with safe accommodation if you are a survivor of abuse. Your local women’s aid group can help with advice and people to contact etc. I was in a similar situation, my wages went into a joint account, but some how he changed it to His account with me as a card holder, but then the PIN number never arrived. Well anyway I ended up like you not being able to get at my wages to save and he scrutinised the bills every week watching what I spent and where etc. I opened my own account a couple of months ago and had my wages paid into there. I expected a huge row about it, but he didn’t. I don’t know if you are earning a wage, but if so you can do what I did just before you leave. There’s emergency funds you can apply for, I believe, but if you have too much saved up you’re not eligible. My advice is phone citizens advice bureau and explain your situation and ask their advice. They will give you the numbers you want and advice you need. It’s a case of knowing where to start and CAB and women’s aid are probably the safest and best starting places. Good luck 😉

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content