Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Lilia
      Participant

So…

I have finally initiated the separation process from my emotionally abusive husband. This isn’t the first time and I can already spot the signs of him painting himself as the victim, me as the abuser… manipulating and lying to make me feel guilty. I know what he’s doing and I’m fighting my feelings of guilt and regret but I need to make sure I stay this strong until the process of separation is complete!
      Those of you who have broken free for good – how did you make it through without breaking and going back??
      I’d really appreciate your wisdom xx

Janedoeissad
      Participant

I can’t give you wisdom Lilia only a big hug. I’m trying to leave to. It’s the guilt which is keeping me here but I’m determined to get out.

I think most people here would suggest no contact after you have left. So you can not get sucked back in.

Be strong. Take one step at a time and you’ll get there.

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely no contact. Contact brings his manipulation and his mind games. Also writing down all the times he has abused you. Right back to the first time you remember and how this made you feel. The pros and cons list. Why do you want to go and why would you want to stay. Having someone from your local women’s aid is also good to talk you through a safety plan for leaving. You can ring the helpline number on here.

Confused123
      Participant

Hey Hun

Block him on your phone and social media. The less u hear his voice and about him from other people the stronger u wil get and be able to think clearer. YOu will slowly notice how u feel better without him around , u can focus on yourself and healing, i used to exercise in the house by doing workouts just to distract myself, it made me healthier and i felt better mentally to, give u strength to take next steps, i found reading up on abuse helped me understand and recognise abuse that i wasnt even aware of, sign up for cousnelling, do the freedom course and chat with us on here

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content