Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Amber
      Participant

After over (detail removed by Moderator) years of trying to get away I am now safe as have a temporary restraining order. But Accommodation prices are so high I do not know how I can fund a life on my own, has anyone got advise please?

Dear Amber, (detail removed by Moderator) depending on if you plan on privately renting or whether you have a housing association or council place. If its private renting you need, (detail removed by Moderator) advise people that they have to think about other areas that are cheaper to live in. Areas can vary dramatically in price, whereas you would be looking for one year in one area, you would get something in a fortnight in another area. Unfortunately that is the reality of it, there is a housing crisis in the UK at the moment. You can get details online about the prices in the different areas. X*X

Amber
      Participant

Thank you. I just don’t earn much money but still need to stay within a reasonable distance of work but this time I will find a way to be on my own, at whatever the cost. X

Good luck Amber, your local Council should be able to give you some housing options advice. XXXX

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Amber,

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for posting. Well done for leaving your abusive relationship, you sound very determined to stay away.

You could try contacting Shelter for advice on housing, you can find their website here. It might also be useful to contact Turn2us to see if you are eligible for any financial assistance based on your circumstances. You can find their details here.

I hope this helps. Keep posting when you can, there will always be support here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Ayanna
      Participant

Did you consider a flatshare? That can be very reasonable and you are not alone.
      You can take it from there and sort your life out slowly.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

Look into cliaming housing benefit if u can and as ayanna said consider flat or house share to begin with, look at different areas, prices vary according to areas and some arent even as bad as we think

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content