Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

I don’t sleep very well. My night is literally one big nightmare. If I have a few glasses of wine I can sleep but I wake up feeling rubbish. I don’t want to get into drinking. I’ve tried sleeping tablets and diazepam but I don’t like taking drugs either.

Any tips for a good night’s sleep? It’s been a few months since I got away and it’s getting easier but if only I could stop thinking of it I could sleep better.

I have a very demanding job, also responsible for training people at work. I have my teenage son too. My ‘husband’ is trying to scam every last penny out of me. Altho he was abusive he’s not the abuser I have nightmares about.

I know I need to get into a relaxing night time routine but it’s so difficult for me. I need to be on the ball at work. My son and I are fine but because I don’t sleep my concentration is poor.

Can’t get what he did out of my head or the court case.

Any advice welcome

Lyng
      Participant

I don’t know what type of person you are, but for me, physical activity definitely helps. I took up running and martial arts. And believe me, I am no tiny girl, and I was never very athletic. It helps put the panic in a useful place and releases endorphins. As well I took up something called mind based meditation. I like a group setting but I also do it in a quiet place alone. It sounds corny but all the advice about eating healthy, drinking water, etc., all helps. I also try to do one thing day that would annoy my ex, just because I can. Leave that glass on the edge of the counter, wear that pair of pants he hates, dye your hair or cut it short … you get the picture. Reaffirm every day he is not the boss and never will be again. Good luck and hugs

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hi. Thanks for your reply. It’s quite funny what you say about doing stuff that annoyed him. So far I’ve got all my friends back. If I choose to I can talk to men without fear of upsetting him. I’ve been pillion on a motorbike and booked a holiday 😀😀

Must get into healthy eating again. I like walking so will do some of that tomorrow

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content