Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      purplejellybaby
      Participant

I need help. I am haunted by my husbands actions, affairs, cheating and constant betrayal. I was told it wasn’t an abusive relationship last time I posted here, so why does it affect me in such a way where I can no longer function as a normal person. I isolate myself, I can’t leave am totally dependant and live in constant fear.
      Recently, he slapped me in the face in his sleep. He has no recollection of this, or any reason why. He has asked for help, and is getting all the support. It isn’t the first time either.
      I want out, but I have no where to go. I don’t know how to get me or the children away either.
      I am mostly financially dependant on him and he knows this. Where can I get help?
      Again, he has cheated with more than one person, not physically, but emotional affairs. I made a promise I would go if it ever happened again and here we are just a few years down the line, living in the same nightmare, where he is begging me to stay and help him with his sexual addictions. I can’t. It’s always me helping him, because I LOVE HIM and do not have the strength to leave!
      I can’t get a GP appointment for 2 weeks, so I didn’t know where else to try. I really don’t think I can take much more.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Purplejellybaby,

Welcome back to the Forum, I am sorry to hear you were told you were not experiencing abuse before. I am glad you came back to us as there is definitely support here for you.

Have you spoken to your local domestic abuse support group? They can offer ongoing emotional and practical support. You can find your local group via this link: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/ The 24hr National Domestic Abuse Helpline is also available on 0808 2000 247 to discuss options available based on your circumstances include refuge options.

Our Live Chat service is also available. You can chat online to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends. They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Please do continue to reach out for support and find out your options, we will be here for you along the way.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content