Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Toberlerone
      Participant

I am back and forth with my husband he is controlling, dominating and constantly accuses me of all kinds. Sometimes we get on really well but mostly and especially over our young son we dont agree on anything. He is threatening me with getting my son taken away from me by saying i poison our son. I do all the cooking for us and him and my son has a lot of.food intolerances some of which we arent even sure of yet and he has a huge problem with textures. I have to make everything from scratch which is a big job on a daily basis.

Family life is great when there are no problems but should our soon a toddler kick off or something not go my husbands way then he takes everything out on me. He calls me stupid, blames everything on me tells me no one.can stand me. My parents have been helping me but I generally don’t know what to do.

How do I end the relationship or leave. I want him to.leave although he genuinely doesnt have anywhere to go so i end up just staying in this horrible situation where im made to feel awful on.and off all the time.

To make things even worse im pregnant with our second child which he was not happy about and just makes me so uneasy about the future.

KIP.
      Participant

Contact your local women’s aid. They can support you and have access to local housing and refuge should you need it. The can also recommend some legal advice. You may be able to have him removed by the police. So keep a journal of what’s going on and tell your GP. He is using threatening behaviour and coercive behaviour which is illegal. You may want to talk to your local domestic abuse police too. He can rent a room off someone so he can find somewhere easier than a pregnant woman with a child. Abuse always gets worse when we are vulnerable including pregnancy. So be very careful and gather a support network round you x

KIP.
      Participant

And congratulations on your pregnancy 💕 it should be a special time for a mum x

Toberlerone
      Participant

Thank you so much, some where amongst all this im really excited to have the baby but just panic as this wasnt how I pictured everything.

It really helps to hear someone else confirm that they think its abuse as its taken me a really long time to realise I am being controlled.

Getting him removed seems so scary but I do not think he would ever leave.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’s abuse alright. Very clearly so. Talk to WA asap. Your are living in insanity. Know you rights. Exercise them and he’s a big boy, not your problem how he gets on. He will, they always do. He will be on to his next victim. What’s scary is to continue living like this. It will escalate. Have him removed or whatever you have to do. You can change your life and the lives of your children. However we can help here we will. Just ask. Hugs!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content