Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      privatelady
      Participant

Hi,
      I hope I can get some feedback off others regarding how to get an injunction against my ex husband for harrsment and continuing abuse. Mostly I feel better in myself that he’s not around but he’s still trying to find cracks from a distance and by doing so it’s putting my child St risk of harm

I’ve put him on limited contact so it’s email only around our child a while ago now, however he’s using our child to gaslight and causing her harm in the process.

Recent incident during drop were he lost his temper with her over something silly. He frightened her with his behaviour and she couldn’t understand why she deserved it. She’s coming home upset quite often as he’s saying mean things about me and important people in her life.

It’s the only confrontation I have had with him since the no contact, limited contact but the amount of horrible things I’m being sent is untrue.

With it being coercive and controlling behaviour and emotional abuse it’s so hard to proove for the purpose of injunctions, etc… Or legal
      aid.

It says I can apply straight to the court for free without a solicitor but has anyone had any success with this?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Privatelady,

I’m sorry to hear that you are in this situation and that your ex’s abuse has escalated to the point that you feel he is putting your child in danger. This is not acceptable and it must be a really difficult time for you.

Yes, you can apply for an injunction without a solicitor. An injunction application usually goes through the civil court as opposed to criminal court and you can make an independant application online, by post/email or in person. There are forms on the gov.uk website.

I would suggest getting in touch with DV Assist. DV Assist are a charity that offer free advice and support specifically around injunctions. They can also help with evidence gathering as well as making the application. There website is: https://www.dvassist.org.uk/

I hope this helps and best of luck.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

privatelady
      Participant

It’s so frustrating but it’s been heading this way for a while. I’ve tried to push things down (I’ve got screenshots of all kinds before I blocked him and copies of all the emails he’s sent which are abusive and date logs for most stuff). Keeping him updated on all things to do with child, trying to arrange contact, which has nearly always been rearranged his end or cancelled.
      But the emails now are turning nastier in
      context and the way he lost his temper in front of me with our child being the aim of it, it’s a repeat of the behaviour I put up with for years and she deserves better. So it’s now aimed at her to get to me, I know the games as well as the things she says after contact each time, she’s been spoon-fed stuff a child of her age does not need to hear.
      I’ve always looked at things in best interests for the little one but it’s becoming harmful to her for it to be allowed to carry on.
      I’ll speak to the charity above and see what they suggest.
      It’s living a whirlwind. I feel better I can be myself more, but there’s always a n****e, just there, right there trying to pull me and my child’s foundations we are building out again.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content