Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopingforpeace
      Participant

My child who is not quite school age said to me:
      Daddy told me my hair doesn’t look pretty. That I should wear my hair in two pigtails or two plaits not one ponytail
      Daddy said he’s going to hit mummy, daddy said that she doesn’t like mummy anymore, but I do like mummy I said, mummy is the best in the whole wide world
      Daddy says I have to wear dresses or tshirt and leggings but not boring (detail removed by Moderator) tshirt. Daddy says some of my dresses aren’t pretty
      Daddy says I have to look like a pretty princess
      Daddy keeps saying things over and over.

🙁 🙁 🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive

It is possible your daughter may disclose some of this in nursery or preschool? They are not allowed to question your little girl but they have to allow her the space to say what is on her mind, if they feel that it is concerning they have a duty to report it.

You could also have a word with your health visitor about the things she says and she may be able to advise you too. I think the thing is that you have to allow your little girl to say these things and get them off her chest and try not to react even though I know it must be really difficult. Get some professional advise as to how best to deal with it and hopefully someone will see that your little girl is being subjected to a form of emotional abuse. Sometimes when they cant get to us they get to our kids x

Confused123
      Participant

just mention to school or nursery if they could keep a close eye on your child as u have left an abusive partner and u r concerned how your child may be effected, ask any comments made to be log

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content