Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Confusedme
      Participant

How do I leave my emotionally abusive husband. We own a house together and I need to get my pets out too.

He’s away (detail removed by Moderator) so I have a couple of days to prepare then I get a few hours each weekend too.

He will decide to destroy me if I leave, he already jokes about how he’s going to get me sectioned, how my pets should be put down if they misbehave etc…

I don’t even know how I got into this mess, I have no family to fall back on and he has made sure any savings are in his name and he manages the finances and mortgage

Bananaboat
      Participant

Have you spoken to woman’s aid either by phone or their online chat? They can help you with this. Do you have a safe place you can go to – a friend, a relative, a hotel? Would you go to a refuge? Step one is having somewhere safe to get to.

As for the threats about getting you sectioned and your pets, they love to throw these at us. Hopefully it’s all hot air as they use them to intimidate us (and boy does it do that) but many don’t follow through, that said you must keep safe and keep a log of his comments and/or report to the police if you want to.

Leaving is a journey in itself with many ups and downs, but it’s worth it. Good luck x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content