Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      colourfulrainbow123
      Participant

Hi, I’m new to this forum thing, and I’m also new to what I’ve just experienced. I got together with my ex partner in (detail removed by Moderator), and we moved in together (detail removed by Moderator) months later. Everything was perfect before we moved in together, and then he started to become a completely different person. He’d always talk down to me, make me feel inferior and constantly disregarded my mental health. He cheated on me (detail removed by Moderator) and I decided I’d had enough. He was constantly making me feel guilty for things, like if I didn’t do the dishes as I had a bad anxiety evening, or I hadn’t done washing as it took me a while to motivate myself that Morning. He also claimed he couldn’t cook, and made me cook the dinners. When it came to flowers, ‘why should I buy you flowers?’ Was always the conversation.

Fast forward (detail removed by Moderator) months, and I moved back home but have had constant stress and anxiety from him. I can’t even talk to someone new because I’m scared they’ll be the same towards me. How can I trust again?

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hello colourfulrainbow, wow your story resonated… so good.that you are out… he is going to keep pestering you, it’s what they tend to do, I would suggest ringing your local womans aid and asking their advice as they will help you.
      I know how hard it is to leave and then the continuing from afar… my husband and and I have children together (I am well over a year out and zero contact)… if you don’t have ties with him (financial/children etc) could you go zero contact? He is harassing you which is against the Law, you could ring the police? I don’t want to scare you or overload you as I don’t know your story but I can hear how very brave you are… it does get easier ❤️ HFH

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content