Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

One teaspoon at a time…….
      I remember how overwhelming and daunting my future felt dealing with everything going on, I heard this saying recently and thought how wonderful it was in breaking down all the things to deal with when you’re trying to break free and recover from abuse. One teaspoon at a time ladies. You will get there❤️

Serenity
      Participant

Very true, KIP.

Rome wasn’t built in a day, I tell myself. Every day, we can make tiny bits of progress.x

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Thanks, I needed this today. Some days I am so productive moving forward and other days it feels like I am stuck. I guess recovery is a bumpy road. Two steps forward and one step back. It’s good to choose one thing per day to achieve to avoid those feelings of overwhelm.

I’ve never heard this before but I love it <3

I try to remind myself that even two steps forward one step back is still one more step ahead of where I was! x

Jupiter
      Participant

Love these too! We all need lots of encouragement. I remember a chinese saying:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Sometimes we don’t realise how far we have come already!

Jupiter x

Ayanna
      Participant

So true!
      Thank you for this!

tallybee
      Participant

Very true!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I love this it is so true x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Having a dark few moments, but this made me smile, but think I’m eating my way through a herd, I know now I will get there 🙂 xx

lilaclady
      Participant

So true! I felt so overwhelmed by everything when I left and I still do sometimes… and my mantra was one day at a time. But now I shall think one teaspoon at a time as that shall make me smile through those overwhelming moments! x

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content