Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SuperAppleby
      Participant

How do I get out of this situation? What are my options?? I feel like I am killing myself slowly in this relationship.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi SuperAppleby

Sorry to hear this, and you’ve taken a big step forward already in your starting to consider and think about how to do this, and to recognise the damage he is doing to you.

This is his abuse on you, and not your fault. Its him that makes it difficult to extricate yourself from because you can’t speak freely to him, due to fear of his reaction.

There are a lot of factors to consider in terms of ending your current horrible situation, and much will depend on your financial position, and whether you rent, either privately or housing association, or are paying a mortgage with joint ownership, or your home is owned fully.

But in all those situations you can leave, either to accommodating friends, family, or refuge if you need to. You could also secure an occupation order to remove him on the grounds of domestic abuse, and a non-molestation order also to prevent him coming back under threat of police arrest if he was to. These things are free and you can look into them on the govt. website, also call your local family court and ask them for advice.

There’s many considerations for you depending on your personal situation, but do keep posting and letting us know how its going and whether theres more advice or support you need.

There’s helplines and a live-chat option on here if you wanted to chat to a DA support worker in detail to check your options.

warmest wishes

ts

Anonymous
      Inactive

You get put by ringing women’s aid or if you want out quick you can phone them to get you into a refuge (refuges are nice places btw) but yeah if you want out quick those ways or putting down with the council for emergency housing cos your classed as homeless, I like how your ready to leave and your right it ruins every part of you so getting out will give you your life back again, slowly, but it will, being away from everything you’ve adapted and tolerated over the years and having the opposite will be an amazing thing 🥂😊💗

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content