Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      topsy-turvy
      Participant

When you’re getting message after message from different people that you’re not wanted? It’s not just at home. I’ve not got a friend left and nobody seems interested. Seriously had enough of life at the moment

SaharaD
      Participant

You keep going for yourself and if you have children for them.

You learn to be your own friend and self care and self soothe your inner child.

You treat yourself and do things to make yourself smile.

You do nice things for yourself even if you don’t feel like it.

Bit by bit it builds up and cumulinates in eventually in feeling comfortable in your skin.

Ayanna
      Participant

I lost all my friends. My family is rubbish. They are never available when I need someone.
      I am completely on my own.
      I do not care.
      Everybody can f.. off.
      I do not need anyone.
      I pamper myself or I neglect myself, depending in which mood I am.
      I have my job and I keep myself busy.
      The freedom is good. I do what I want and nobody interferes with me.

topsy-turvy
      Participant

Thanks SaharaD. Feel really weighed down with things at the moment and what you’ve said is really helpful. X

I too felt like you a few weeks ago. Inner strength comes with knowledge and understanding of the impacts of your situation and it grows as you seek to remain a positive person. The minute you ruminate too deep, you go down!
      Acknowledging your pain, sorrow, lack of trust or loneliness is the best remedy to improve your moods. Look at what HealthyArchive says…
      Acknowledge how things make you feel, but there is no better remedy than yourself.
      And I think the minute you allow an abuser to dictate your feelings, you will hand over to him all the control you need to keep for yourself.
      Be your own master, use distraction, work, anything!
      Friends will flock back when you display the real you.
      Xx

topsy-turvy
      Participant

Thanks Ayanna, helps to know I’m not the only one who’s lost people. Wish I could say more but don’t know where to start. X

topsy-turvy
      Participant

Thanks Bridget that makes so much sense. X

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content