Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cuppatea
      Participant

Hello guys,

I’m so confused and can’t find much help online. My little one is very young. (Still a baby) and soon her father will be visiting her at a supervised visitation centre.

Can anyone advice me of how it all works? What I need to keep in mind?

Also she has really bad separation anxiety. She still doesn’t go to some of my family members. And holds onto me tightly and cries.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m sorry, I have no experience of this, but

^ bumping ^

and hopefully a lovely clever lady will have an answer for you! x

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

I’m really sorry, I don’t have experience of Supervised contact but I have found this weblink to National Association of Child Contact Centres- not sure if this is the type of contact that it is. If it is supervised by social services, it will be the social workers who supervise, usually at a neutral safe space.
      I’m sure that there will be women on here that do have experience of supervised contact and can give some feedback.

https://naccc.org.uk/help-for-adults/what-is-it-like

If you haven’t already, I would perhaps suggest contacting your local authority and requesting a parenting adviser- or whatever the equivalent is in your area. Basically then set up weekly appointments with the adviser if possible and continue to regularly review progress of visitation with them. Take note of your child’s behaviour/reactions after the contact and share this with the adviser. If there is any negative impact on your child, you then have a log of it with a professional and this can potentially be used as evidence if required.

Hope to hear how it goes for you.

Soulsearcher18

Cuppatea
        Participant

Thanks love. I’ll have a word with them. Yes I want to make sure I keep all the evidence and if anything unusual happens in terms of her behaviour after the meeting.

First time she met him, it wasn’t long after she was born and she wouldn’t let go of me later on. I couldn’t leave her and let her sleep. She wanted me right next to her. And I’m talking about a child whose under (detail removed by moderator) of age.

Soulsearcher18
      Participant

Sorry you did say supervised visitation centre!

Anonymous
      Inactive

You might look here…www.childsupportlaws.co.uk/

Still looking…

diymum@1
      Participant

I’ve used a centre and the contact went to supported. So a step up from supervised. The web address above is worth looking at in detail the naccc. Have a look at the affiliates who are usually court officials. Look at there child protection policies. Keep a diary of your child’s behaviours after contact. I know this is hard given her age. I don’t know why he’s been granted supervision for access but my advice would be don’t let him take the contact out of the contact centre. Once this happens sometimes after 3 months the courts scale the contact up to the next level do maybe supported and the a few hours out of the centre. Try to keep it as minimal as u can if she’s distressed that is enough. These centres were a god send for us. The staff monitor the contact if he’s late – so if you calls off or is late enough times they sometimes say right that’s it u blew ur chances. This is how it played out for us xx

Cuppatea
        Participant

Thank you so much. I’m going to have a look into this. Yesss I want to keep a hold of anything I can to protect her.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content