Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

I’m all ready and prepared got a bag in a safe place outside my home. Can’t get any paperwork I might need because he will notice I’ve moved stuff in the letter cupboard (he notices everything). I’ve got my date that I’m ready to leave for refuge.
      Now I’m panicking what if I ring the helpline on the day then they have no where for me and my son. He will know I’ve gone and I’ll have nowhere to go. (I’m going to work and leaving from there). And what if it’s too far and I don’t have enough money to get me there. It could be hours away right? Thank you for listening

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Ariel

You are so brave and you are doing the right thing.

Are you able to contact any of the organisations before you leave they know.

I’m sure that some one will get you where you need to be.

All I can say my heart is with you

Stay strong

FS xx

AppleNinja
      Participant

Hello Ariel,

I do not know how it works, as I’m just in the process of preparing to leave as well. So I’ve got lots of questions myself. But I do wish you best of luck. Hope everything will go smoothly for you.

I’m very glad to hear that you are getting out, you’re so brave.

Did you manage to get some of your stuff out of the house?

Apple x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

Make copies of documents you need. If you remove some on the day you leave he may not notice.
      Leave when he is not at home. Then grab the documents that you need and off you go.
      Take care.
      Keep posting!
      You are very brave!

SaharaD
      Participant

You get a travel warrant from the police or they take you.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content