Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Surviving
      Participant

So he has moved into his girlfriend’s and a week later I get a letter from CSA. He called them straight away to say he now has a dependant living with him. So now she gets support from her kids dad and now my kids dad whilst he now has to pay me less to support his kids so he can help support hers. How can a man be so keen to pay less to support his own kids. If my partner moves in with me I would never let him pay his ex less for his own child

Twisted Sister
      Participant

I think the system is wrong, totally. I think any women here receiving maintenance are probably getting less as the father pays first for another s children before his responsibility to his own children, when the other children have a responsible father already paying aswell

Surviving
      Participant

I don’t get it. I really don’t understand how it works. Her kid is not his. Why should my children be supported less just for her to receive support from 2 men

KIP.
      Participant

My son was older but his dad still managed to use the fact he was living with a single mother of 4. He moved in with her quickly and can move out just as quickly so it’s dreadful that he can use this excuse to pay less. He’s now not paying full rent and bills so he should have more money free to pay for your child. Put this to the CSA. Ask him to do another assessment of his outgoings x he could be living there rent free if her ex is paying the rent or mortgage.

Surviving
      Participant

I’ve already asked csa and told them all that. Didn’t get me anywhere. She agrees it shouldn’t work like that and it’s sad that it does. Well they need to change that rule and quick.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

The rule has been there for many years, and its beyond me to understand why. What does it say to fathers when their own children are no longer their primary responsibility?

It was there for csa and now cms, just the same, and they don’t budge on their rules.

They put perps back in direct financial control again because of their punitive charges for collect and pay.

All you can do is write your case to them and your mp, and maybe call rights of women who have legal expertise in this.

Warmest wishes ts

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content