Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

How long after leaving do you start to feel like you’re living a normal life? I’ve been out almost (detail removed by Moderator) years and still feel like a zombie. My ex still turns up at the house, contacts people I know via social media and abuses them. I feel like I’ll only ever be free when he’s drunk himself to death or I’ve died of a stress induced heart attack:(

KIP.
      Participant

You’re not living a normal life at the moment. I had to push back every time he broke my boundaries. That involved the police and the courts. What he’s doing is illegal. It’s stalking and Harrassment. I’d definitely involve the domestic abuse unit of your local police and not give up until he’s been arrested and dealt with. Sounds like he feels entitled to abuse you. Time does help but zero contact is when you will feel a difference. He’s dragging you back into the abuse. Counselling also helped me. I was decades of abuse so it took me 5 years to feel a Real difference but I had court involvement for a while. These men are toxic so any contact will make you ill. Come off social media for a while too x it’s upto your friends to report him for harrassment and I’d urge them to do so.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The police won’t do anything. I’ve tried numerous times.

Watersprite
      Participant

And that is so unjust!I get you!
      How long? I’ve been out a while can’t say due to risk but I can say it’s getting better tho some days take me back. On those I try and remind myself how far I have come even if I feel like •••• You have come so far too – there are things we can’t control – police process, the past, trauma and there are things we can. Light a candle be your own best friend he doesn’t deserve a thing from you not even a thought and you deserve better x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content