Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Twisted Sister
      Participant

do we keep ringing and ringing for help and expect anyone to answer?

Its impossible to keep believing that anyone will ever pick the phone.

I’m not stupid, I know services are stretched, but this stretched? or will they just never answer.

Feel very betrayed, on top of everything we’ve already been through.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear Ts,

I’m sorry to read you couldn’t get the help you needed when you needed it.

Hoping you are ok,

Lisa

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Thank you Lisa

I do a lot better when I feel supported, but without being able to reach anyone I can’t access the practical help I desperately need. None of the helplines ever seem to pick up, including the really large ones like Shelter.

thanks for your response

ts

Ayanna
      Participant

It seems that the services have deteriorated.
      The events of the last few years have all an impact on the finances for services for women and children.
      We always come last in patriarchy and I do expect that it will get even worse.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

yes, sad but true. upsetting that funding has always been insufficient for our women, especially those fleeing abuse and becoming unwilling refugees in their own country! There isn’t sufficient funding for us. Women, like any refugees the world over, don’t want charity, they want to live productive, useful and rewarding lives, and without help they often can’t. they need to have respect, and dignity, and the opportunity to start again, in safety. pah!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content