Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Door mouse
      Participant

I really want to get away from here to feel safe still waiting for referrals.

browneyedmum
      Participant

I was able to get help straight away when I reported my need while at a local hospital. There after, I attended the local domestic abuse services drop in. I got my GP involved. I got my children’s schools involved. I got social services involved. I still can call in more services, as and when needed.

Don’t wait for them to come help you. Reach out to ask for that help xX.

StrongLife
      Participant

I called hotline and it was immediately available. I had to drive a while though to get to refuge.

I refused to go back to my house/suburb for fear of reprisals. I became classed as homeless immediately but had roof over my head at all times. It was for short time.

I then moved onto rentals etc.

Door mouse
      Participant

Im still at that threshold where I am still being toyed with slightest thing sets me off. I have been in touch with different agencies. And I am just waiting to hear back It is like everything I am saying is thrown back at me as a lie, most of what has been said is lost in translation and the …………… are very clever by the time I get to speak to someone my mind has been wiped out back in my zone again then bang back to square one going round in circles again I need to get out of here cat on a hot tin roof comes to mind The financial hardship that comes with it is unbearable

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content