Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Welshwoman21
      Participant

How long is it appropriate to have a Husband atay in family home which Wife owns before he moves out.

He doesn’t seem to be taking me seriously.

It’s so tense at home now and my children, although they are young adults are finding it very hard.

I keep asking him how long before he goes and he keeps saying I won’t just go like that.

Eggshells
      Participant

He won’t go! That’s it he won’t go – end of sentence.

You will need to take legal action. If you Google “Occupation order” and “Non-molestation order” it’ll give you an idea about where to start.

Please don’t wait for him to leave voluntarily. It is very unlikely that he will ever do that.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Welshwoman2

I don’t think its appropriate for any length of time. He won’t go. There is something that was mentioned recently about rights to not be made homeless or somesuch, but where domestic abuse is concerned I doubt this is applicable.

you’ve had the conversation, change the locks, and advise the police. All you need to do is tell him to leave, as you’ve had the conversation, then change the locks and if he comes calling ring 999.

Arrange for his stuff to be somewhere he can collect but doesn’t have to see you, or put it outside the door and let him know in advance when it will be there for collection.

Its awful having to live under those conditions, and they won’t go, they’re abusers, they don’t respect anything.

warmest wishes

ts

Anonymous
      Inactive

Totally agree with Twisted Sister do the above , police will help , get locks changed , tell them his refusing to go , domestic abuse , they will remove him as breach of peace , then becomes civil matter , but do not advise him or warn him of your intentions, just do it , seize the day so to speak x

Welshwoman21
      Participant

Thank you all

I hope you are all ok

Hazlenut
      Participant

Please be careful, exiting an abusive relationship really is the most dangerous time. I didn’t realise this fully until it was too late. You need a safety plan. Once they start to lose control, literally anything can kick off.

Twisted Sister
        Participant

wise words Hazelnut, and sorry you found this out to your cost, yes, safety planning is vital. xx

Welshwoman21
      Participant

Thank you.

I’m in touch with womens aid, also the police.

I don’t want to have the police involvement but if he doesn’t make some effort to go soon I won’t hesitate to tell the police to be on stand by for day I change locks.

Thank you

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content