Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

The relationship were it when the abuse started? Mine were immediately which used to throw me of guard as I thought they all charm first. In week one I had a hole punched in my door because one of my boys had eaten his yoghurt. I shouldn’t of let it go on yrs I am crazy…X

Serenity
      Participant

What an interesting question, Better Days. And one that causes me a lot of self-criticism!

I didn’t even like my ex when I first met him. We were work colleagues. I thought him obnoxious and arrogant.

But he kept pressurising me to be with him. I went, even though he had already behaved unkindly to me.

The mistake I made was to feel sorry for him- he was apparently from a poor background, had never had much, a poor country, etc… He latched on to my mothering instinct.

I thought I could ‘love him better.’ I thought he was just a rough diamond. I thought my love could heal all his wounds, smooth his jagged edges.

He was like a little boy lost.

However, though he looks boyish even now, he certainly has the brain capacity of a dangerous psycho. He could wreck nations.

You can’t ‘love people better.’ They need to want to change, and to do it themselves.

Yours punched a hole in the door in week one over a yoghurt. Mine made fun of my body even before we were together. He organised for me to work for horrible people- delivering me to the wolves. Yet stupidly, I still married him.

He bought me a dead plant asa punishment for getting upset that he’d not bought me a 1st anniversary present, that he’d done nothing, though I had gone to town on celebrating it.

He was trying to put me in my ( imagined ) place. Yet I still had kids with him.

I could hate myself for it, yet I know my intentions were pure. My only fault was to think I could ‘love him better.’ Once rotten, always rotten.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content