Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      nonidentifiablegirl
      Participant

Hi Everyone.

This is my first time posting on here so please go gentle with me.
      I left my abusive relationship over (detail removed by moderator) now. In this time I have never reported the abuse or trauma I went through with my ex partner. Years down the line I now feel I’m in a good place to do this.
      For those who did report their abuser, can you tell be briefly about your experience or if you think I should even consider it so many years down the line?
      i feel stronger to do this but I’m scared of how much this will push me and my life backwards

KIP.
      Participant

For me it was empowering. These men are very often serial abusers and you can bet there’s a good chance there are other victims. You often see cases going to court where there are many victims who corroborated each other. I’d talk to women’s aid first and get some support in place. Victim Support are a great organisation too that will support you. I felt like once I’d told the police he was their problem now not mine. Have you had counselling? Good to have some emotional support too. Mine was convicted and got off with a slap on the wrist but he now has a criminal conviction and had to listen without interruption to what he did to me. Almost worth it just for that x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content