Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Recall
      Participant

(Detail removed by moderator) was the most blood numbing and heart breaking day I’ve had in so long. Jist when I finally feel “normal” again he comes back. Just like any other day I get myself up and do what I need to do before heading to work but something felt different. I felt like so many obstacles were put in my way to prevent me going to work and I wish I had taken on they obstacles. I arrived at work and for some reasons I decided to go get a cup of tea before I started (which I never usually do before actually getting changed) and that’s when I noticed, he was at my work. (Detail removed by moderator). I felt like I was reliving his control all over again. I had to go to my boss and get sent home but I felt like my armour that I have at work (my safe haven), he has taken that too because I had to tell her everything to understand my response.

fizzylem
      Participant

If he’s come to your place of work, a place that yes, should be a safe place, which is probably why your boss agreed to you going home as she could see you didn’t feel safe, this is harrassment and now witnessed by your boss, he’s made himself some rope here and given you evidence should you decide to act on it or need it later down the line. You could call the police, they should have someone who works with and understands domestic abuse, you could ask for this department, you could speak to them for advice.

Recall
      Participant

I can’t because he didn’t do it intentionally, he didn’t know I worked there but (detail removed by moderator).

fizzylem
      Participant

So maybe an isolated inccident then? Keep doing what you’re doing, looking after you, there will be days things send you into a spin, of course this sort of thing is difficult, you weren’t expecting him to be at your place of work, sounds like its unlikely this will happen again? Hoping things are settling down for you now there’s a bit of space and time bewteen what happened x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content