Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      beachhut
      Participant

Hello all,

To most of you this will seem really silly, but I am so so pleased with myself, I just did an on-line order for a couple of new things for my new home when I get it, nothing really interesting but I did it all by myself, was never allowed to, but I did it, and it should arrive tomorrow. deep joy, that a new kettle can make my day. Xx

Walkingonsunshine
      Participant

Not silly at all, I can’t wait for that day. Enjoy your brews ☺️

KIP.
      Participant

Not silly and well done you 💪 so much of our independence is taken in so many ways but it’s empowering to do things for ourselves especially if we have Been forbidden to or told we are unable. Onwards and upwards 💕

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Yes! Very happy for you! 🤗 they took away so much so having the freedom to choose what to buy for ourselves is a manifestation of your new found freedom, you go girl, here’s to many more little joys coming your way 😄

Eve1
      Participant

Oh no, not silly at all! I remember that feeling so well. The first thing I ordered was a small item for dressing up for book week for my child. Would never have been allowed when with him. Wonderful feeling. Enjoy!

Eve
      x

Watersprite
      Participant

Oh yes the simplest things and freedom! Keep hold of this for the difficult times – you are on a journey. It’s the simplest things that make me smile getting into my own bed safe. We are stepping into our futures 😊

Dobedo
      Participant

Thats wonderful, well done. When you’ve been really difficult times you learn to appreciate the small things.
      All the best xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content