Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

This a little off topic but this one the ways my partner is getting to me atm. My partner keeps telling me im too fat and has said he finds me less attractive anymore. I recent lost a fair amount of weight to try make him happier. I stopped my diet for maybe 2 weeks. I didnt put on any weight nor did i loose any i staid the exact same weight and he then told me i looked like id put all my weight back on and was getting really fat again.

I worked so hard to loose the weight i did and he says i look like i just put it all back on. I dont know if he really means or it or if he is just being evil.
      Every time i eat he pulls faces, eye rolls, tuts and judges me. I have to eat.i cant just not eat at all. Yet he eats junk yet he is naturally thin its not fair.
      I also have multiple health conditions that make it harder to loose weight as it is or cause weight hain. Ive also suffered with various eating disorders all my life.
      I dont know if he is just trying to be mean or if he really in his head sees ive put on weight when i really havent at all.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Alittelost

What a horrible rude man! If he isn’t happy with you and your appearance then you should direct him to the door. The lowest you can ever go is commenting on women’s weight or physical appearance. It’s very lame. Imagine how he’d feel if you did the same to him!? You don’t need anyone like this is in your life hun, this is cruel bullying behaviour and is likely going to cause you other eating disorders in the future if you have someone sat watching you eat pulling faces. When you love someone, you love them for the person they are (or not in my abusers case) the fact he says these things show he has no love or respect there at all. Sending you a virtual hug because I think you need one xx

Alittlelost
      Participant

When i first met him i was underweight catagory and now im technicaly classed as overweight so its a big difference to when i met him so i can kind of understand but i feel he is being a bit mean about it on purpose given rest of his behaviours too.

Anonymous
        Inactive

There’s just no excuse for that. Names can really hurt, especially when it’s about your appearance and especially if your confidence is knocked already because of their behaviour. When my abuser had said things to me about my appearance etc in the past it has literally felt like a slap to the face. It really hurts and you begin feeling less and less confident until you wake up and realise what’s been happening. Xx

Eggshells
      Participant

It does sound mean and totally uncalled for. If he loves you then he loves you. His goal should be to make you feel happy and confident with who you are and not to make you thin.

You should feel able to eat whatever you want without being judged by anyone. If you can’t even do that in your own home where you should be able to trust those around you, where can you do it.

We are all different, every single one us so. It’s just one of the things that makes us beautiful. Celebrate who you are. You don’t need negative influences in your life. xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content