Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      StationEleven
      Participant

Hi everyone, I am back here for more help and advice. I got a zonal non-molestation order, we still live in the same flat, hopefully not for long . He agreed to move out when I buy him off. He is very careful with me but is putting a lot of emotional pressure on our son. Accusing him in not spending time with him, making him feel guilty when he goes out with his friends. My heart is aching listening and watching what he is doing to him. Few times I interfere but he doesn’t stop. How do I protect my boy?

KIP.
      Participant

You get him away from this abusive dangerous environment as soon as possible. A refuge. A family member or a friend. Living with an abuser post separation never works. While you are there he will torture you using your child. He’s going nowhere. Abusers are liars and if he wanted to move out he would have done already. Children from abusive homes are far more likely to be abused as an adult and the mental damage done will take years and counselling to repair. It can have dreadful effects in adulthood. Talk to women’s aid. Gather a support network around you. But know while he has any contact with you he will use it to destroy you and children are simply collateral damage. Keep a detailed journal of his behaviour and get him removed from the property for child abuse.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content