Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      puzzledatlife
      Participant

After advice from the moderator, I tried to get in contact with the helpline.
      However, I can never get through.
      I found the ‘local’ womens aid line, but they told me that I should ring the GP to refer me to something called IRIS. Is that right? I thought I could more simply talk to someone about what has happened to make sense of it. I put posts here but big chunks have had to be delayed by the moderator, and this is why she advised to ring the helpline. Can anyone suggest how to get through?
      Thanks x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi puzzledatlife,

If you are struggling to get through to the 24hr National Domestic Violence Helpline (0808 2000 247), you can leave a voicemail requesting a call back at a safe and convenient time. Unfortunately the helpline is a busy service but the Helpline Workers will call you back if you leave your contact details and a time and date to call. The Helpline Workers can discuss your circumstances and be a listening service.

I hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Tiffany
      Participant

Just keep trying. It’s the busiest time of year at the moment, and the helpline is busy at the best of times. It took me days of trying in the summer. As Lisa says, you can leave a message and get called back, but that only works if you have left your abuser, or know times when he will be out, or when you can be out.

puzzledatlife
      Participant

Thanks both
      they rung back and it was incredibly helpful
      Cheers, thanks a lot xx

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Glad to hear you managed at last 😊

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content